Introducing AviClear, the first FDA-cleared laser for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
Princeton Aesthetics proudly brings you “The first and only FDA-cleared energy device for the treatment of mild to severe acne”. The 1726 nm wavelength of AviClear treats acne at its source by selectively targeting and suppressing the sebaceous gland in a safe and effective manner. AviClear was created with patient comfort in mind, and it includes AviCoolTM contact cooling for an optimal and safe treatment experience.
What to expect from AviClear treatment?
AviClear is designed with a wavelength that is innovative in its ability to target and down-regulate the sebaceous gland to reduce active acne. Using an intuitive user interface and a unique energy delivery method, AviClear eliminates acne at its source without prescription medications.
Observations from clinical trials have shown that breakouts are shorter, less intense, and less frequent following the AviClear procedure. Long-term acne clearance results continue to improve with time, demonstrating the effectiveness of the novel treatment.
How AviClear Works
The effectiveness of AviClear depends on understanding how acne breakouts occur. Sebum clogs your pores when it combines with dead skin cells, resulting in acne. AviClear works by suppressing sebum production and selectively targeting sebocytes at the source of acne.
For a more comfortable treatment, AviClear features AviCoolTM skin cooling and sensory controls. An occasional snapping sensation may occur during treatment. During clinical trials, patients tolerated the treatment well, and no pain mitigation or treatment interruption was needed.
87% had at least 50% clearance in Acne at 6 months following treatment. Results may continue to improve with time, even several months after you’ve finished your treatment.
What causes Acne?
Acne affects up to 50 million Americans, but there is only one treatment that is able to provide a safe, quick, drug-free solution for acne patients.2 This is AviClear, the first and only FDA-cleared laser treatment for mild to severe acne. A future without worrying about your acne could be three 30-minute treatment sessions away.
What are the types of Acne?
The future of clear skin has arrived. We’re now offering AviClear, drug-free laser treatment for mild to severe acne. AviClear treats current and future acne and provides long-term results, with no prescriptions and no harmful side effects.
- Resolves current acne and helps prevent future acne by down-regulating the sebaceous glands.
- Significantly eliminates acne in just three 30-minute treatment sessions.
- Designed with exclusive cooling technology that allows for a more comfortable treatment experience.
- An ideal choice for patients, particularly those who are candidates for systemic therapy and/or are searching for a safe, effective and drug-free solution for acne treatment.
What causes acne?
- In addition to types of acne, acne can be graded by severity.
- Example below is for the IGA (Investigators Global Assessment) of Acne Severity Scale, which is routinely used to grade acne severity.
- Other Acne Severity Scales are also available such as the Comprehensive Acne Severity Scale (CASS), Global Acne Grading System (GAGS), etc.
|0||Clear||No evidence of papules or pustules|
|1||Almost Clear||Rare inflammatory papules (must be resolving and may be
hyperpigmented or pink without evidence of red)
|2||Mild||Few Inflammatory lesions (papules/pustules; no nodular lesions)|
|3||Moderate||Multiple inflammatory lesions present (numerous papules/pustules; there may or may not be at most two nodular lesions)|
|4||Severe||Inflammatory lesions more apparent (many papules/pustules; there
may or may not be at most a few nodular lesions)
Pre- And Post-Treatment Instructions
Before your AviClear treatment
AviClear is enhanced with AviCoolTM contact cooling for an optimal and safe treatment experience keeping the patient comfortable throughout the procedure. The majority of the patients would typically need only an initial series of 3 treatments – one treatment every month for 3 consecutive months with a possibility of additional/maintenance treatments in a select few depending on their treatment response. Most patients experience a reduction in acne lesions of over 50% after 3 treatments, with the improvement of the acne clearance over time even up to 9 months post-treatment, demonstrating the long-term efficacy of this novel treatment. In addition to reducing existing acne, clinical trials show that future breakout episodes are shorter, less intense, and more infrequent following the AviClear procedure.
- Let your provider know if you have used Isotretinoin (Accutane) within the last 6 months.
- Avoid skin irritants for 3-5 days before treatment. Like products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/ ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.
- No suntanning or self-tanners four weeks before treatment. This includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Notify the clinic of any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription before treatment.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved.
After your AviClear treatment
- Immediately post-treatment, apply a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 30+ sunblock, which should be applied at least once daily.
- Cold compresses or chilled gel packs may be applied post-treatment for your comfort.
- If a blister develops, contact the treatment provider.
- Starting the morning after treatment, wash your face with a gentle cleanser, followed by a gentle moisturizer every day twice a day for 7-10 days. Resume regular skincare regimen 7-10 days after treatment.
- Makeup can be applied the day after treatment.
- Start applying UVA/UVB 30+ SPF sunblock daily, starting the morning after treatment. Sunblock should be applied at least once daily, reapplying every 90-minutes if outside.
- Direct sun exposure should be minimized throughout the treatment regimen.
- Most patients will experience mild redness of the treatment area, lasting up to one-day post-treatment.
- Some patients may experience swelling of the treatment area lasting for as little as one hour or up to two days post-treatment.
- Some patients experience dryness and itching in the treatment area up to four weeks post-treatment. Use a gentle moisturizer (e.g., CeraVe®, Cetaphil®).
Roughly half of the AviClear patients may experience post-inflammatory flare-ups after one or all of their treatments.
- Condition may worsen before it improves
- Typically occurs seven or more days post-treatment
- Can last a few weeks post-treatment
- Non-comedogenic makeup for acne-prone skin is okay to cover
- Avoid heat (hot tubs, saunas, etc.) for 1-2 days post-treatment.
- Limit any exercise or activity that can cause sweating for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) 7-10 days after a treatment:
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic salicylic acids, vitamin C/ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks after treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.)
Schedule a call today
If you are looking for a drug-free solution for mild to severe acne, then ask us about AviClearTM, the first FDA-cleared laser treatment for mild to severe acne that targets current and future acne for long-term results.1 Just three 30-minute treatment sessions can significantly reduce acne.